10 February 2010

AOTM for Gaye

This month I was to create an Art of the Month piece for Gaye through our little group Australian Art Sisters. I made her this small picture out of a photo frame (picked up at a second hand shop), put some rub-ons on the outside of the silver border and also on the glass (between the wood and metal) which can't be seen in this picture. The picture was done using a metal embossing stencil and brown ink, the girl and the butterflies were collaged. It was all finished with a silver chain with leaf beads and some metal embellishments attached to the frame.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this piece. How wonderful for Gaye to receive this from you. Lucky girl. I look forward to seeing it later in the week when I'm in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasha this is just inspired! I love what you have done with the recycled photo frame...looks amazing. Love the tree images, is that a stamp?

    Wonderful art as always.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this last weekend and it's even more exquisite up close. Lots of clever ideas used in this piece. Lovely work Kasha.

    ReplyDelete