27 July 2008

Cairns holidays

The Cairns holidays are unfortunately over, we got back last night and we are still grieving over the good time and the warm weather we had up there as it is freezing in Brisbane. Even though it was cloudy for the most of our stay , it was still very warm - around 26 degrees. We hired a car so we were able to drive around and visit many places like Port Douglas, the Mossman Gorge, Barron Falls and Cape Tribulation. We were able to see the Mossman hospital where my husband Ross was born and the house where he lived for the first three years of his life. We also saw the house where my mother in law grew up in Cairns and the school she went to.
My sister and I when we arrived at the Cairns Airport

Walking on Trinity Beach

Enjoying BBQ dinner at our resort


Pre-dinner drinks at the Yorkies Knot Boat Club

Ross and I having lunch at Port Douglas

2 comments:

  1. ohhhh the warm weather would be lovely right now :)) Looks like you had a ball!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad your holiday with your sister in Cairns is over, but it looks like you had a great time!!!

    Warm weather...I'm looking forward to some of that!!!

    ReplyDelete