24 January 2009

Lucky stop over in Singapore and back home now

I left Poland on 7 January and even though it was hard to say good-bye to my family, I wasn't too sorry to be leaving behind temperatures of -22C which, believe me, was a bit too much- even for the locals it was too much. What a change it was to arrive in Singapore for 1 night stop over to temperature around +30C which was nice - after the extreme cold I promised myself never to whinge about the hot weather.
After the night in Singapore I arrived in the airport around 8 am to find out that the flight was overbooked and they were looking for volunteers to go on later flights and I was also approached. Initially I said "no" but became more interested when the woman said I would be paid $500 in compensation and be put in a hotel with all meals provided so of course I said "yes". And what a treat it was - the hotel I stayed in was Crowne Plaza at the airport which is a very posh hotel, had 3 meals provided in an equally posh restaurant and had a 5 min. call paid back home. But wait, there is more, when I flew 14 hours later, I was travelling in business class which was an absolute treat - I wish I could afford to travel like this each time.

View of the swimming pool

View from my hotel room

Inside the room



I liked these flowers on the glass, looking into the bathroom

2 comments:

  1. how cool are those flowers on the glass?? WOW xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The delay in your return was certainly worth it and a nice treat coming back business class.

    ReplyDelete