26 March 2009

Classes at the retreat

I did one class with DJ Pettit and what an awesome teacher she was. She is so talented and explains everything in easy terms. We did Found Fragments and Collage piece during the day.


With DJ
Work in progress - my painting before adding the ink outlines

The finished painting - the whole piece is not finished yet, I need to mount it all together

Unfortunately I didn't get to do any classes with Bernie Berlin (in the middle) but we interacted with her quite a bit during meal and spare times, she is a gorgeous and fun person

In the class with Stephanie Lee, I did 2 classes with her

This is the piece I completed after the 2 classes - the pendant was made on the first day and the chain on the next. I have learnt some wonderful techniques and can't wait to continue having fun with my butane torch and solder!

6 comments:

  1. We will have to share photos!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasha
    I love your DJ painting. Looks like it was a great class. Weren't we lucky to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you enjoyed yourself! How fun you got to take a class from DJ she's such a sweetie! Your piece turned out beautiful, well done! Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Creating!
    Aileen~
    otm@outsidethemargins.com
    http://aileensmusings.blogspot.com
    http://www.outsidethemargins.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great post and your DJ collage is fabulous!! Perhaps I should have done all three DJ classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont you just love those butane torches????
    Lots of fun wasnt it? Loooove your necklace.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kasha,
    I joned all at the Friday dinner, but wasnt able to attend classes, your photos make me wish I did...But I will be there next yer...Love your blog..came over from Jo's...xx

    ReplyDelete